Tuesday, September 29, 2009

(Random Ramblings)

First Day Fun/k

My first day as a customer service representative in a call center proved to produce ambivalence in me, I was both having fun and at the same time getting that first day jitters and worrying if I can pass the tests.

"Hello my name is Wesley, can I please have you first and last name?" hahaha! saying this generated a feeling of excitement, as again this is my first, and a feeling of shyness as I judged call center people that they are just there to pass their times and do nothing but to say the spiel. I guess, I can practice compassion even better when I have not only theoretically be in their position but have actually walked using their shoe (am I making sense..? hahaha!)

As I am right now exhausted from the day's training, I would just like to share my experience with a NFF (New Found Friend) named Jessna (I know it's weird, her name that is... It's short for Jesus - her father and Natividad - her mother). We walked from Libis to the fly-over at Tiendesitas.

Wow, tired as I am from the relief operations for the disaster stricken family near Rosario Bridge and Vista Verde, I still managed to walk that far. When your enjoying a new friend's introduction phase, I guess time and tired feet won't really matter.

She asked me so many things and in our conversation I just realized that I have really been not a bum (haay.. an affirmation for myself...) I actually did so many things, I went into events, coaching and nursing in 3 years (2006-09), and during those times that I touched so many people's lives as a giver of entertainment, technical nursing care and of course, love.

I love it.

Now I'm venturing in another endeavor in a call center where, again, I can be of service as I deliver what the client's needs and cater to their grievances.

The whole day actually made me think... Am I being prepared for something bigger? Why a call center?

BUT then again, I TRUST.

I, thank you. :p

No comments: